Thursday, February 25, 2010

Big Changes

It has been a long time since I have updated this post. After working on it since April, we finally became licensed foster parents in December. Since becoming licensed we have had two sweet baby boys on a short term basis. The first baby was about 10 weeks old and we had him for a weekend. Last week we had a 6 week old for two days. Spencer has really like having a baby at the house. After the last baby went home he has started asking for a baby.

Spencer is now 2 years old and is so much fun. He is talking a lot more and interacting a lot. He loves to read books and to be outside. We earned a library card for 2010 and he has been enjoying trips to the library.

In January Jared decided to go back to school to become a jr. high or high school teacher. He wants to teach: history, political science, economics, business, and/or math. He found some awesome programs in Lousianna and applied to both of them. He has had an interview with one program and we should hear back about it within the next two weeks. He has an interview scheduled with the other program at the end of March. Jared is also looking at some on-line programs or night programs that he could do from Washington.

At the same time we decided I should probably go back to work full time if we stay in Washington. I found what looks like my dream job and I have had two interviews there so far. I should find out soon if I move on to a third interview.

I am not sure what is going to work out in our life but both plans include moving and will bring big changes. We are excited to have a new plan for our lifes and are excited to see what works out.

3 comments:

MMThueson said...

Wow those are big changes! Good for Jared I hope he enjoys teaching that is awesome! You guys are so strong and sweet to open your house and lives to other kids who need you! It was nice to hear about whats going on in your lives. Good Luck with Everything!!!

Anonymous said...

May Heavenly Father have His hand in the changes coming to you! We love you bunches! Mum

BreAn said...

OMGosh! Those ARE some big changes! I bet your family makes a great foster family. You're so good to take other children in and share your love to them.
Whatever happened with the job searches for Jared and for you??