Monday, August 25, 2008
Sleep Success
The last few months we have really been struggling with Spencer's sleeping habits. It was getting to the point that he would only go to sleep nursing then once he was asleep he would immediately wake up when I laid him in his crib. It was taking hours to get him to sleep in his crib and then once he was finally in his crib he would only sleep a few hours. Most nights he ended up in bed with us and so none of us have been sleeping well. Last Thursday night Spencer had a really bad night and none of us got much sleep. We decided that starting Friday he would have to sleep in his own bed. I have been reading a lot of different baby sleep books and what they all have in common is that a baby needs to learn to fall asleep on their own. Back in June we tried the Baby Whisperer method and it worked well for one week. At the end of the week we went to my parents for the weekend and that was the end of that. Friday night we did a bedtime routine which ended with Kisses and being put in his crib. We left the room and checked on him after 5 minutes and then ten minutes later. He cried but he fell asleep in just under 30 minutes and then he slept 9 and 1/2 hours straight in his crib. It was wonderful! Saturday night he only cried 20 minutes and then slept 11 hours. Sunday night he cried 5 minutes and slept all night and Tonight he cried 1 minute and will likely sleep all night. It has been so nice to finally get a full nights sleep! I am so grateful this method is working and hopefully it will continue working.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
WHOOHOO! I'm so glad that you found a method that worked well for you, and that you're all getting a good nights sleep now! :)
Thanks! I really appreciated reading your sleep book and email.
Hooray for sleeping all night. That's wonderful! I hope it continues for you. You must feel like a new woman.
Thanks! I do feel like a new woman. Who knew`sleeping through the night makes such a huge difference!
Post a Comment