Thursday, August 14, 2008

Gardening

This year I planted a garden for the first time ever. It is a small garden with tomato, watermelon, zucchini, butternut squash, and pumpkins. Since this is my first time gardening I was surprised when the pumpkins and zucchini both produced beautiful flowers. None of my garden has been harvested yet. I have zucchini and tomatoes that are progressing nicely and just last week tiny little watermelons started growing. I am really enjoying my garden. Spencer also enjoys the garden. I have to watch him pretty close though because he has a tendency to grab the leaves off the plants and try to eat them. Below are a couple pictures of my garden and of our little budding boy. Spencer is eight months old now and is such a joy. He is crawling like a pro, getting around the house very quickly, and starting to "help" Mommy by grabbing cloths as I fold laundry and knocking down piles as I organize and clean the house. Despite the fact that it is now taking me significantly longer to get things done around the house, we are really enjoying him.


2 comments:

BreAn said...

This is awesome. Good for you for gardening. I really wanted to, but I had a new baby. Maybe next summer. Anyway, it looks great! I'm proud of you! :)

Anonymous said...

What an adorable little guy! Don't think I've seen a cuter little gardener!!!