Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Update

This last month has been busy. Right before Christmas the batteries in our camera died and I didn't have any others so I don't have many pictures. The week before Christmas we got a lot of snow, over one foot! That was unusual for this area. We spent Christmas day with Jared's family. The sewer had backed up and two of his brothers couldn't get there due to the snow so Jared and his Dad spent most of the day working on the sewer problem. It was a unique Christmas. The day after Christmas we flew to Boise, ID for my brothers wedding to Brittany. The wedding and reception were both lovely. It was the first time I got to meet Brittany. She is so sweet and I am excited to have her in the family. On the 28th we flew home and had our real Christmas celebration with Jared's family. The following weekend we went to my parent's, opened gifts, and attended Mike and Brittany's second wedding reception. The week after the wedding reception our we were hit with flooding. Thankfully our home did not flood but a lot of roads in the area flooded and part of our city was evacuated. The weather has just been bizarre this month. I also received a lot of work (which I am grateful for but am also trying to figure out how to balance my time). Jared has been a trooper, stepping up and watching Spencer a lot for me so I can meet with clients and work. I am so grateful for his help and teamwork. Spencer continues to grow and to just amaze us. The other day he figured out how to drink through a straw. He also likes to try to sweep the floor and help in any way he can. Below is a picture of him helping sweep and of his first full haircut. Jared cut his hair and did a fantastic job. We hope you are all doing well!




5 comments:

MMThueson said...

Hey Hey Hey! Thanks for dinner! Cute blog, this should link you to ours!

We are Jared, Amy and Spencer. said...

Thanks Maria, It was fun having you guys over. Enjoy Seattle today!

Anonymous said...

Spencer looks like such a good little helper! He looks a bit older with his hair cut. Amy you look adorable! Have a great day!
Mum

MMThueson said...

Hey there! Just thought I would update with you! We have a job and are moving to Pocatello next week. Matt actually got a job the second week we were here and has been driving back and forth. 1 hr 1 way. I'm tired of it and went looking for a place yesturday. We are just waiting to hear back from a place. Hope all is well there.

Anonymous said...

What an adorable family you Wade's are!!!When are you going to visit Spencer's Aunties again?
SOON!!!